All who are interested in our chapter are encouraged to join us.
Students, librarians, archivists, museum and gallery professionals, and retirees in these fields gather online and in person to exchange ideas, network, and encourage each other to obtain mastery of the ARLIS/NA core competencies. To this end, we host workshops, programs, and tours several times a year at affiliated organizations throughout Southern California. Please see our newsletters for more information about our past activities. Chapter memberships run through the full calendar year from January to December.
MEMBERSHIP TYPES (2 options)
Chapter membership with full privileges is a $20 optional bundled add-on when you register for an Individual membership of ARLIS/NA (introductory rate of $120 for first time members, $180 afterwards).
Individual members of ARLIS/NA who join the chapter receive the following privileges:
- Vote for chapter officers and other elections
- May hold elected office within the chapter
- Attend the chapter’s annual meeting
- Apply for chapter awards
- Subscribe to the chapter’s email discussion list
- Contribute content to the chapter’s web site
- Contribute to Canvas, the chapter newsletter
- Mailed hard copy of Art Documentation, the official bulletin of ARLIS/NA
Similarly, chapter membership with full privileges is a $20 optional bundled add-on when you register for a Student membership of ARLIS/NA ($55/year for three years, even after graduation).
Student members of ARLIS/NA who join the chapter receive the same privileges as Individual members.
Still have a question about membership or payment options?